Loyal, loving, fascinating, affectionate, individual, charming, smart, cuddlesome, purring...Golden Oldies...
Many people adopt kittens and the poor golden oldies are left on the shelf waiting out their years in pens when all they need is a loving caring family to give them the love and affection an older cat needs...
Please think twice about adopting a kitten, we oldies have a lot to offer, take a look:
- The personality of an older cat is already known - making it easier to match you with the right cat!
- Older cats are generally less demanding than youngsters, and need less supervision, so If you work outside the home, an adult cat is much better able to content itself while you are out than a youngster
- Most older cats are seeking little more than a warm lap, regular food and love!
If you have an older cat already, another oldie, carefully introduced, can be less stressful for him/her than a kitten
- The older cat is far less likely to catch birds and mice than a youngster, or at least much less often
- Adult cats from a rescue centre will be neutered, litter trained and calmer than a youngster
- Cats regularly live into their late teens these days, so most seniors will have many years of life and love to give
- A senior puss is unlikely to leap up on your shelves and knock your ornaments off, or to climb up your curtains!
- Mature mogs are so grateful to have found a loving home again - they will repay your love ten-fold!
Thankyou for looking at us senior kitizens it would make us so happy to have our own sofa to curl up on and sleep. Thank you Meow!!
Adopt a Golden Oldie with Confidence!
Cats over the age of 10 years can be more difficult to rehome, as people are concerned about the vet bills. For this reason our branch has come up with a solution - The Golden Oldie Scheme! When you adopt a cats protection cat over the age of 10, we will help pay the vet fees for any illness that is deemed to be age related by one of our specified vets. There will be some contibution required by the new owner:
The first £25 is payable by the adopter
Up to £150 the adopter pays 10%
Up to £250 the adopter pays 15%
Over £250 the adopter pays 20%
Cats Protection Retirement Home
We ensure any elderly cat coming into our care a very caring and considerate approach and hope that people realise in the community what we do. We have a retirement home for them in Wales where we have up to twelve at any one time. It is a beautiful farmhouse with fields galore to play... It's a wonderful place and they are so lucky!
Every cat that goes there settles in so quickly and loves to play with the chickens, chinchilla’s, dogs and sheep. We have to say that if you can sponsor any of these cats they would appreciate it very much so that we can keep the Golden Oldie scheme going. Thank you.
We thought you might like to see some pictures of how our cats are getting on in their lovely retirement home in Wales.
The cats currently residing in our senior kitizen home in Wales are Wilfred who was originally a feral that we just couldn't rehome, Jessie, Gerrard, Christopher, Dotty who has a hole in her heart, Andrew, Ginny who is ancient, Jeffrey the naughty ginger boy and Emyl. Here are a selection of photos of these old timers!!